SPRINGFIELD CAR CRASH LAWYERS
Car crashes are a major cause of personal injury claims and lawsuits. Despite the ever-increasing safety capabilities created for cars by the auto industry, these crashes occur all too often in Springfield, Hampden County, and the country. They commonly result in serious injuries or death for drivers and their passengers. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, Massachusetts experienced 327 fatal crashes that killed 343 individuals in 2020. The majority of these were the occupants of cars followed by those in SUVs and pickups.
Traffic crashes involving autos, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles, and pedestrians are traumatizing incidents that can have life-altering consequences from severe whiplash to head injuries, broken bones, and more. At Libbos Law, we understand firsthand the repercussions of these accidents for our clients. That is why we are committed to giving you our best effort in personal injury representation. Each of our attorneys has an exceptional record of successfully representing individuals who have been seriously injured in car and truck accidents.
Contact Libbos Law online or at (413) 376-7007 to book a free consultation with a Springfield car crash attorney today.
Getting Help in the Wake of a Traffic Accident
What You Should Do After a Springfield Car Crash
Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic, and even life-threatening experience. It is critical to know what steps to take after an accident has occurred in order to protect yourself and ensure your safety. In the moments following the collision, there are five key things you should do:
- Check for Injuries. The first thing you should do after a car accident is to check for injuries. If you or anyone else involved in the accident appears to be injured, you should call 911 immediately. Even if the injuries seem minor, it is always best to err on the side of caution and seek medical attention.
- Move to a Safe Location. Once you have ensured that everyone is safe, you should move your vehicle to a safe location, if possible. If your vehicle is blocking traffic or is in a dangerous spot, it is best to move it. However, if you are unable to move your vehicle, do not try to force it.
- Call the Police. Even if there are no apparent injuries and both vehicles can be moved, you should still call the police. The police will create a report of the accident, which can be useful if there is any dispute about what happened later on.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. If you have a camera or smartphone, take pictures of the accident scene before you move your car or clean up any debris. These pictures can be helpful when filing an insurance claim or taking legal action later on.
- Seek an attorney's help after a car accident. It is important to have an experienced legal advocate on your side who understands insurance companies and laws related to car crash cases. This will help protect you and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries, property damage, and other crash-related losses.
Taking these steps will give you peace of mind that you have taken all the necessary precautions in case something arises later on.
Why Should I Contact a Springfield Car Crash Attorney?
After an accident, it is vital that you speak with one of our qualified attorneys as soon as possible; this is important to do before you talk to an insurance company. The worst thing you can do if you’ve been injured is to immediately accept an offer from them. What may appear to be an impressive settlement may be far below fair value.
Our firm can determine the facts of the matter, including the full extent of your injuries, property damage, lost income, and all other losses incurred before insurance companies can decide what they will pay out. These companies are commonly not working for your best interests, only their own. That is why you need a legal advocate on your side who will work to ensure that you get optimum results. Furthermore, if negotiations with them do not lead to fair results, our team is not afraid to take your case to court. As trial lawyers, we have the knowledge, skills, and experience to aggressively represent you before a judge and jury.
Car & Truck Accident Claims
Filing an accident claim and dealing with insurers can be a complicated matter to have to handle when your main concern is the recovery of your health. Our team can fully investigate the accident to determine fault, prepare all the necessary documentation, file claims for your injuries, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and lost income, and help you understand your settlement options, as well as matters such as those involving uninsured or underinsured motorists.
Some accidents are much more complicated than others, such as those involving commercial trucks. These accidents can have various parties involved, from drivers to trucking companies, cargo loaders, those responsible for truck maintenance, and more. The trucking industry is also subject to federal regulations that may have been violated, leading to the cause of the accident. Moreover, trucking companies have their own legal teams dedicated to reducing liability and payouts.
Fighting for the Injured in Hampden County, MA
Our firm is here to fully protect your legal rights in the aftermath of an accident. We have won more than 1,400 cases since our inception in 1991 and have recovered more than $1,000,000 for the injured and their families. Whether you have been injured due to someone speeding, texting while driving, driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, tailgating, or simply not paying attention, we can help. We know what evidence is needed to build strong cases and how to negotiate or litigate to put your needs, not those of insurers, first.
If you were injured in an accident, contact our Springfield car crash lawyers to learn about how we can help. Call (413) 376-7007 today!
Over 10,000 Cases Won by Our Team
$80 Million+ Recovered for Clients
We Offer Free Consultations
See how our team can help you!Watch More
Our team of compassionate lawyers want to meet with you so we may assist you in getting awarded what’s rightfully yours.Get a Free Consultation