Springfield Truck Accident Lawyer
Helping Victims of Truck Accidents in Massachusetts
Among the worst and most catastrophic incidents that occur on the roads are truck accidents. A commercial truck's immense size and weight have the potential to seriously harm other cars as well as their occupants. It could take an extended period for you to heal if you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident. In addition to fighting to pay for your growing medical bills and dealing with the psychological and physical effects of the accident, you might not be able to work.
At Libbos Law, we understand the devastating impact that truck accidents can have on individuals and their families. Our dedicated team of skilled and compassionate attorneys has been providing exceptional representation to personal injury victims for over three decades. With a track record of success, we have won over ten thousand cases and recovered more than $80 million for our clients.
We believe in fighting tirelessly for the rights of those who have been injured due to the negligence of others. When you choose our firm, you can rest assured that you will receive personalized attention and a strong legal strategy tailored to your unique circumstances.
With our commitment to serving the people of Massachusetts since 1991, we have deep roots in the community and extensive knowledge of local laws and regulations. Our team's decades of combined experience enable us to navigate the complexities of truck accident cases with confidence and expertise.
To get started on your path to justice, we offer a free consultation where we can discuss your case and provide guidance on the best way forward. Contact us to experience the difference of having a skilled and compassionate legal team by your side.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents can be caused by a variety of factors. In many cases, multiple parties are at fault for a truck accident. Our Springfield truck accident lawyer can help you determine who is liable for your damages and work to hold them accountable.
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver error: Due to the demanding nature of their job, truck drivers are frequently under stress to meet stringent schedules. This can lead to risky actions like exceeding speed limits, following too closely, or unsignaled lane changes. Other prevalent causes of truck-related accidents include driving while distracted, inebriated, or fatigued.
- Vehicle Malfunctions: Accidents can occur when a truck is inadequately serviced or has a malfunctioning component. In such instances, the responsibility for the accident may fall on the trucking corporation or the producer of the defective truck or part.
- Improperly Loaded Cargo: Improperly loaded or secured goods may shift while in transport, making the truck unstable and challenging to maneuver. This may result in a jackknife or rollover collision.
- Blind Areas or Sports: Large blind spots surround trucks on all sides. A truck driver runs the risk of colliding with another car when they don't look in their blind areas before turning or changing lanes.
- Weather-Rlated Issues: In inclement weather, trucks are more challenging to maneuver. A truck driver runs the risk of seriously injuring someone when they don't modify their driving to accommodate for bad weather.
- Road Defects: If a truck accident is brought on by a road problem, the government organization in charge of keeping up the road may be held accountable.
What Are My Legal Rights After a Truck Accident?
After a truck accident, you may have the right to seek compensation for your damages. This includes both your economic and non-economic losses.
Truck accident victims may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
In cases involving gross negligence or willful misconduct, you may also be entitled to punitive damages. Punitive damages are not meant to compensate you for your losses, but rather to punish the at-fault party and deter similar behavior in the future.
To be sure whether you have a case, be sure to speak with a skillful Springfield truck accident lawyer at Libbos Law.
Get Started on Your Case
At Libbos Law, we are committed to helping truck accident victims get back on their feet. Our truck accident attorneys in Springfield will fight for the maximum compensation you are owed and provide the caring and personalized legal guidance you deserve. We are available to answer your questions and address your concerns, and we will keep you updated on the progress of your case every step of the way.
Call (413) 376-7007 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our truck accident lawyer in Springfield.
Over 10,000 Cases Won by Our Team
$80 Million+ Recovered for Clients
We Offer Free Consultations