At Libbos Law, we understand how frustrating it can be to be injured due to another person’s negligence. Sadly, careless acts like car crashes and distracted driving can lead to serious accidents and even fatalities on Massachusetts roads, making it all the more crucial for victims to know what legal steps to take after sustaining a wrongful injury. Fortunately, our knowledgeable distracted driving accident attorneys have a successful track record representing the wrongfully injured in Springfield and beyond.
Distracted driving can result in serious injuries in Massachusetts. Call (413) 376-7007 to request a free consultation with a skilled Springfield attorney.
Pursuing Justice for Victims of Distracted Driving
Our firm understands the devastating impacts that distracted driving accidents can have on individuals and their familiesin Massachusetts. Under state law,distracted driving entails any activity that diverts a driver's attention away from the primary task of driving (e.g., acts that endanger the driver and/or other drivers on the road).
While most people associate distracted driving with cell phone use, distracted driving can encompass a wide range of activities, including:
- Eating and drinking
- Talking to passengers
- Reading, including maps
- Grooming or applying makeup
- Texting or talking on a cell phone
- Adjusting controls (e.g., radio or temperature)
- Watching videos or using entertainment devices
- Engaging with in-vehicle technologies (e.g., navigation systems)
Distracted Driving: Common Injuries in Massachusetts
Distracted driving accidents can result in severe injuries that may have long-lasting physical, emotional, and financial consequences. Some common injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Psychological trauma
- Internal organ damage
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
Injuries stemming from distracted driving accidents often require extensive medical treatments, rehabilitation, and ongoing care, leading to substantial medical expenses and potential loss of income due to disability or reduced work capacity. Our experienced distracted driving accident lawyers can work to diligently assess the full extent of your injuries and seek fair compensation for all recoverable damages, such as your current and future medical needs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and related costs.
Who Is Responsible for a Distracted Driving Accident?
In most cases, the driver whose negligent actions caused the accident is liable for all damages suffered by victims of their irresponsible choices. Determining legal responsibility in a distracted driving crash requires investigating factors such as:
● Text message records or other evidence of distraction
● Cell phone records to confirm phone use at time of crash
● Vehicle speed and distance traveled prior to impact
● Statements from witnesses or other drivers involved
● Traffic violations at the time of the accident
A thorough investigation by an experienced attorney can help to uncover key evidence and build a strong case for compensation. Additionally, there may be other parties held liable in certain circumstances, such as an employer who provided a company cell phone or an employer that failed to address an employee's dangerous driving habits while on the job. In order to determine legal responsibility in a distracted driving crash, it is important to contact an experienced auto accident attorney with the resources and knowledge needed to uncover all of the facts and pursue maximum compensation for you or your loved one’s injuries.
After a distracted driving accident, it’s imperative to take swift legal action to prioritize your health and safety, in addition to securing maximum compensation in court for your suffering.
First and foremost, it’s essential to consult with a trusted personal injury attorney with sufficient experience handling distracted driving cases, as your legal representative can clarify important legal concepts and review your options to help you make informed decisions throughout your case.
Additionally, it’s crucial for injured parties in Hampden County to take the appropriate legal steps to bring a personal injury lawsuit against a distracted driver, including:
- Seek medical attention –Your health is the utmost priority. Seek medical attention immediately, even if your injuries seem minor. Document all medical evaluations, treatments, and related expenses.
- Gather evidence –Gather as much evidence as possible at the accident scene, including photographs of the vehicles involved, skid marks, traffic signals, and any visible injuries. Obtain contact information from eyewitnesses, if available.
- Notify the authorities –Report the accident to the appropriate authorities, such as the local police or highway patrol. Ensure that an official police report is filed, as it can be crucial evidence in your case.
- Document everything –Keep a detailed record of all communications, medical bills, treatment plans, and any other relevant documents related to your accident and injuries. This documentation will help us build a strong case on your behalf.
- Refuse any offers or settlements until consulting with your lawyer –Insurance companies may offer settlements soon after an accident, but these offers are often inadequate and may not fully cover your present and future needs. Consult with our experienced lawyers before accepting any settlement.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Springfield, MA
Since 1991, our experienced personal injury firm has been dedicated to pursuing justice on behalf of the wrongfully injured in Hampden County and beyond. From dog bites to slip-and-fall claims, our team has the in-depth legal knowledge and experience to prioritize your specific goals and assess the unique details of your case to fight for a just outcome on your behalf.
At Libbos Law, we understand how daunting and stressful it can be to file a personal injury lawsuit, especially against large and powerful insurers, companies, and other entities who will stop at nothing to take advantage of you in the courtroom. Turn to a seasoned personal injury attorney who will stop at nothing to pursue the full and fair compensation you rightfully deserve for your suffering.
If you’ve been wrongfully injured in Hampden County, our firm can fight for the justice you deserve. Contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
Over 10,000 Cases Won by Our Team
$80 Million+ Recovered for Clients
We Offer Free Consultations